MY TENTH ANNIVERSARY OF INTERNET ACCESS - JANUARY 12, 2004
Seattle Photos / Timeline
The photos shown below were taken from my hotel window when I was in Seattle, WA for the 84th Annual Meeting
of the American Meteorological Society to assist with a work-related presentation. Click on images to enlarge.
Some nice pictures of Seattle
The weather was actually fair that morning in Seattle. January is during the
rainy and foggy season in Seattle.
I don't think that more than a very few drivers on Interstate 5 shown in several
of the above photos were aware of the beautiful sunrise that morning!!!
Below is a timeline of highlights in my life since I first accessed the Internet to download visibility data from a Canadian test site (St. John's, NF) for work on January 12, 1994. The server was actually
located in Toronto.
- 1994 Jan 12 - First use of FTP (File Transfer Protocol) to downlad above
data for work.
- 1994 May 10 - Watched and photographed Annular Solar
Eclipse in Vermont.
- 1994 Aug 29 - Received Commendation Letter from Volpe Center on work that
included my first Internet access.
- 1994 Sep 27 - Was on Mt. Washington for visibility
sensor testing until 1994 Oct 5.
- 1995 Jan 15 - Attended my first American Meteorological Society (AMS) conference
at the Loews Anatole Hotel in Dallas, TX. It happened
to be their 75th Annual Meeting. Mt. Washington won an award at that meeting.
It was actually milder at one point at Mt. Washington Observatory than in
Dallas, TX. The conference ended on 1995 Jan 20.
- 1996 late March - Saw Comet Hyatake, first bright naked-eye comet I saw
since seeing Comet Bennett in 1970.
- 1996 early September - Purchased my first laptop which I later used to start
building my web sites.
- 1996 December (?) - Set up my private Internet access account.
- 1997 Feb 2 - Attended AMS Annual Meeting in Long Beach,
CA. My first conference where I co-authored multiple papers. Conference
ended 1997 Feb 7.
- 1997 April - Saw Comet Hale-Bopp.
- 1997 Autumn - Started work on developing my first personal web site and
my church web site after purchasing a software package with web design capabilities.
- 1998 Feb 20 - Launched my now-defunct first personal website.
- 1998 Feb 21 - Launched my church's
- 1998 Late Autumn - Assisted previous webmaster with maintaining MIT
Club of Boston's web site.
- 1999 Mar 7 - Became webmaster of MIT Club of Boston's web site.
- 1999 Sep 22 - Met my assistant
for the MIT Club of Boston's web site who inspired me to make some innovative
changes in the Club's web site.
- 1999 Autumn - Purchased my first digital camera.
- 1999 November - Started photo shoots for MIT Club of Boston's Visual
- 1999 Nov 25 (Thanksgiving) - Saw Macy's Parade
from my niece's apartment near Herald Square in New York City.
- 1999 Nov 29 - Learned that I won award at work.
- 1999 December - Purchased my first copy of Macromedia Dreamweaver and Fireworks.
- 2000 Jan 22 - Attended MIT Club of Boston's Gala 2000 which I was ProphecyMaster.
- 2000 Feb 29 - Went to MIT Club of Boston's Calendrical Event at MIT Museum.
Photographed wierd cloud next to MIT's
Green Building (Earth Sciences).
- 2000 May 22 - Received award from MIT Club of Boston for outstanding service
- 2000 Nov 8 - Organized and ran my first MIT Club of Boston event, a
digital photography event.
- 2001 April - Registered and set up www.allvidzhaze.com. 2001 was the Year
of the Snake!!!
- 2002 Jan 13 - Attended AMS Annual Meeting in Orlando, FL. Learned that Blue
Hill Observatory won an award there that year.
- 2002 Jan 19 - First e-mail from my special friend arrived. She is related
to the founder of the Blue Hill Observatory's Weather Club.
- 2002 Jan 20 - Purchased my current digital camera to replace my original
one which had mechanical problems.
- 2002 May - Received Award from MIT Club of Boston for organizing Digital
Photography events and for web mastering the Club's web site.
- 2002 Dec 12 - Provided inspiration for story written by my special friend
that was posted on a major web site and preserved elsewhere on this web site.
- 2003 May 11 - Purchased 5" telescope for Mars viewing.
- 2003 Jun 11 - First met my special friend in person.
- 2003 Jun 29 - Photographed my special friend for a major website. Saw her
pet snake for the first time. Photos preserved elsewhere on this web site.
- 2003 Aug 27 - Mars was at its closest EVER from Earth. This was right on
my birthday. My special friend first visited my place to view Mars through
my telescope a few days before.
- 2003 Oct 12 - Went with my special friend to purchase my first pet, an adorable
corn snake named Woodstock.
- 2003 Nov 9- Above photos and a link to a webpage on www.allvidzhaze.com
published on major web site, the day after a
total lunar eclipse was observed.
- 2004 Jan 1 - Additional photo of my special friend and her pet snake published
on same major web site.
Page modified January 19, 2004.
Back to Picures